Monday, April 14

All happenings large and small.........

Okay, so all this stuff is happening to my room and it's about time someone asked my opinion dontcha' think? And my opinion is............. I LOVE IT! It is beautiful, calm, and completely my style.

Unfortunately I cannot say the same of the weather. It's April and we just got another blizzard. Frankly, I would rather have to mow every day for the rest of Spring than shovel more snow.

Finally, after quite a bit of effort, I have finished 'Kenilworth' by Sir Walter Scott. If you have read any of his works, then you know how difficult it can be. Surprisingly, this is his second work I have finished. I read 'Ivanhoe' for school last year and enjoyed it as much as 'Kenilworth' (although they each have their boring spots).

The plot of the book is that the Earl of Leicester and Amy Rosbart fall in love and marry but must keep their marriage secret so the Earl can gain a higher place in the Court. In the end, Amy is murdered by Varney (the villain), and eventually the Earl gets invited back to Court after mourning the loss of his pretty wife.

Well that's all for now.

1 comment:

  1. I love your new room, Lynae! It's beautiful! :)

    I'm sorry to hear about all of that snow and cold. Better at your house than mine though. ;)

    Thanks for sharing the blurb about Kenilworth. It sounds like a good story. I have not read anything by Sir Walter Scott. I'll have to see if I can find Ivanhoe. I know I have that one around here somewhere.

    Enjoy your room! :)

    ReplyDelete