Friday, November 28

I'm glad it's almost over

Just as I thought, there's a good reason why I don't normally blog every day. In this season of life, I don't have much to say. I know enough about my beliefs and opinions to recognize those with which I agree or disagree, for the most part. But it seems that thoughts of my own are hard to grab onto.

I chalk it up to stress and mental atrophy, mostly. The real question is whether it concerns me enough to change it. The answer that occurs to me first is that I've got more pressing problems. But if I'm not a thinker, how do I expect to deal with those problems?

Then again, I'm often told I think too much.

(sigh)

I'm glad November is nearly over.

5 comments:

  1. I usually can find something to say, only sometimes it's not very nice. So those days I say nothing at all. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sometimes thinkers aren't talkers. And sometimes talkers aren't thinkers. I would rather be the former, but too often I'm the latter.

    You're doing fine...I love to read whatever you post.

    And I can relate to Kari...thus the reason for so many holes in my posting schedule. I'm trying to change that...but it's slow going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I contemplated joining you on the November challenge, but really didn't think that I'd be able to do it. I've wondered why it's harder for me to blog as often as I used to, but I think that it's a variety of reasons which include stress & business, but also an awareness of needing to be so careful about my words that I just rather say nothing at all than to be left being overly vague.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You've done a good job, Heid, but I felt the same way last year when I tried NaBloPoMo. I tried again this year but haven't done well at all. I hope you win something for your efforts. Did you register on the NaBloPoMo site?

    Toby did a great job in those videos! :)

    ~Esther~

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please do NOT stop being a thinker. There aren't enough of those. Even if it means you don't always have something to say, at least when you say something it will be worth hearing!

    ReplyDelete