Thursday, October 23

Growing up

This past week, someone from our church came over to see if Toby would be willing to shovel her porch for her this winter. Because he has a fairly busy winter ahead of him, and because I love shoveling snow, she offered the job to me, and I readily accepted. It was then that I realized that I am growing up very quickly.

Of course, I have always known that I am always growing and learning, but the job offer put an emphasis on how far I've come in the journey of life. It seems like yesterday that I was one of the little kids running around playing kick-the-can with friends, and now my friends and I are all grown up.

I have always enjoyed thinking about being all grown up, but now I am trying to enjoy my childhood to the fullest while I can.

2 comments:

  1. Lynae,
    I'm so proud of you and how far you've come on your journey to becoming a wonderful adult woman. I'm glad you realize the preciousness of being a child though, while it's still within your reach to enjoy the magic and sense of freedom and wonder that it brings. Savor these last few seasons of your youth and capture them in your memory so that someday when you have children of your own you'll be able to smile inwardly as they live in that special place called childhood, remembering the magic of discovery and the joy of being alive.
    I love you. Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, life seems to do that to you. I know it keeps surprising me.

    ReplyDelete