Wednesday, February 20

Three Short Novels

It's taking me forever to get through Wendell Berry's Three Short Novels. Most of the time, my reading opportunity comes at night, before I go to sleep. That doesn't really work unless I'm in bed. There's a light switch within reach... for the closet. I'm fine with reading by the light of the open closet, especially when I have a fresh batch of soap curing in there. And the fact that the light from the closet is a little dim out in the bedroom isn't generally a problem. But my copy of this particular book is in very small print. My vision is not what it ought to be, nor will it be any time soon. This discourages my bedtime reading habit. So there you have it. I've finished Nathan Coulter, and am enjoying Remembering. It's just slow going.

No comments:

Post a Comment