Sunday, October 14

A little silliness

One afternoon, I took the girls grocery shopping while Loren and sons worked on the chicken coop. Being the youngest of 5 kids, Grace has made it to 5½yo riding in the cart seat. It's about time she learns how to walk with us while we shop. So I was teaching her what I expect, and my helper-wannabe kept pushing the boundaries.

Halfway through the store, Loren called. We ended the conversation just after I looked down at my daughter and said, "I'm trying to teach someone how to walk holding onto the cart in the store, and she just took off her shoes in the soup aisle!"

As I saw a woman walking by us just after I said that, I realized how ridiculous it sounded. I thank God I was able to see the humor in it. That kind of silliness would normally make me angry.

No comments:

Post a Comment