Monday, July 7

Last night I drove in the dark

I drove us home from Moose Lake last night. It was about 10:00, and I drove home on 61 and 43. I used my high beams, but I still didn't go faster than 50 miles per hour. During the daytime, I have no problem going 55, but in the dark is trickier.

I've caught 2 more skunks since I last wrote. I was consistently catching them too far back, so I moved the trigger wires closer together, which may also deter raccoons which could be attracted to my set. This way the skunks who get caught will be caught in a more desirable location.

Today I became a member of the kdnw listener advisory board. It was pretty easy, I just listened to music and rated it. Now that Chip Ingram is over, they're playing Matthew West. Sweet.

The other day I got a call from Mr. Nathan, my driver's ed instructor. He heard that I had gotten my permit, and he was surprised that I hadn't signed up for behind the wheel yet. Well, on July 12 I'm gonna do my first session of behind the wheel. It's 2 hours of driving. I might go on the freeway, but then maybe not. I'm perfectly comfortable driving at 55 on county roads, so maybe I'll be comfortable going 65 or 70 on the freeway.

No comments:

Post a Comment