Saturday, July 26

Fifteen years ago

Fifteen years ago, baby Toby and I left Maine and drove to New York. Then we flew from New York to California, where he met his daddy for the first time.

I was reminded of this as we drove home from camp this afternoon, with him sleeping beside me.

I started this post with the intent of waxing poetic about the precious uniqueness of the relationship between a mother and her firstborn. But I don't have the words to do so. Either you understand it perfectly or you don't.

Anyway, I love that young man, and I'm glad he's home.

1 comment:

  1. Then that makes a bunch of birthday boys! (But first, just to give you a clue how I am, I am the Hannah that writes back and fourth to your oldest daughter.) But anyway, my twin brothers turn 1 tomorrow (the 27th), and one of my friends brothers birthday is today. He will be three.

    Have a great day and happy birthday to Toby!

    ~Hannah

    ReplyDelete