Saturday, July 26

I am back

That went fast. I had a blast at camp. I got so used to shooting compound bows that when I tried a recurve on the last day, I couldn't tell if I had it at full draw or not. Did I fail to mention that it was an archery camp? I also shot a 20 gauge, a 12 gauge, a .410, a .22, a .243, and a .270, in that order, when we went to the range. That was really cool.

Everyone at camp knew me by day 3. On the evening of day 3, I was walking around the North Star Lodge minding my own business, when suddenly all the other campers started shouting "Toby! Toby! Toby!". I wasn't sure what was going on so I went to my dorm. They ran after me. I felt like one of the Beatles. They quickly filled up my dorm, so I ran to Great Hall. When they got there, I ran back to my dorm and locked them out by putting a broom through the handle and behind the whatchamacallit, and breathed a sigh of relief. "Toby! Toby! Toby!" They came running up. The mob opened the door and bent the broom handle. I ran out, came back again, this time locking myself in the bathroom with my guitar (to entertain myself rather than just sit there doing nothing.) They gave up the chase, and after that I was very careful not to be seen by more than 20 people if I could help it.

Matt, (one of the counselors at camp), had a riddle for everybody. It went like this. "There are 4 countries in the world that have only one vowel one time. 'Y' does not count as a vowel. No abbreviations are allowed, and only countries existing today count. What are they? The fastest anyone has gotten it in is an hour and a half." So during canteen, when he told us the riddle, I moved my chair away from the crowd of people to concentrate. After about 10 minutes I got number 1; Chad. A few minutes later I got Egypt. About 20 minutes later I got Kyrgyzstan, and shortly after I got Cyprus. All 4 in 45 minutes. I cut the previous record in half without looking at a map.

So yesterday there was an awards ceremony where everyone got an award for something everybody noticed about a certain person. My award was "The Wandering Minstrel Award," because I was singing everywhere. Cool huh?

No comments:

Post a Comment