Wednesday, April 25

Whew! I Passed!

Last night we completed the field walk and range test for our firearm safety class. It wasn't nearly as embarrassing as I thought it would be, but I did have to make a few modifications to get through it. Oh, to be young and thin and have good knees again! Toby and Lynae did very well last night as well as on the written test.

Now I'm fully prepared to accompany them when they go hunting, armed with my camera. I'm not coordinated enough to hunt waterfowl, and it's highly unlikely that I'll ever set myself up to have to field dress a deer and drag it through the woods. But if my kiddos want to, more power to 'em!

I will probably always wonder if I was kind of crazy to actually TAKE the class with the kids, rather than just stay and observe. But hey, I did it. It's done. And I've got the certificate to prove it.

2 comments:

  1. Good job, Heidi!!! I'm glad it wasn't as bad as you thought it might be.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You rock dude!

    Tee hee hee!

    OH the things you are going to get to take pics of. Am I allowed to be jealous?

    ReplyDelete