Tuesday, October 6

Brothers

I have three very special young men as my brothers. Each of them has their own talents and weaknesses, and each of them plays an important part in our family. Of all my brothers though, today I would like to focus on my older brother Toby. Toby is a fabulous guy, and he has always been there for me. Ever since he met me 14 years ago, he has treated me like someone truly unique.

For a long time, he was my only friend, and over the years we have developed quite a special relationship. We tell each other almost everything, and of all the people I know, he probably knows me the best. Because we have been through things together, he can relate to what I am feeling. We often find ourselves sitting upstairs talking about what has recently happened, or laughing over things that happened years ago.

I have met many girls who tell me that their big brother is their worst enemy, and every time I hear that, I wish that they could have as good a relationship with their siblings as I do.

1 comment:

  1. I know what you mean. I don't know WHAT I would have done growing up without Freddy.

    ReplyDelete