Tuesday, February 10

Love

Love: a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.

Love is a very strong feeling that each of us has for certain things. For instance, I love my family and friends, but I love them each for different reasons.

I love my friends because they treat me kindly and include me. I love my family because they are always there for me; ready to do me a favor, help me with my work, and teach me so I can mature.

There are also other things I can love; such as the smell of fresh flowers or the sound of a flowing river. This is a type of love but isn't the same as the love I feel for my parents. I love the smell of flowers simply because they smell nice, but I love my parents because they have shown me love. That is something that flowers can't do for me. They can never even come close. My parents have worked hard to train me, care for me, and help me become who I am today.

And yet, there is one person that I love more than anyone or anything else that I've ever known. Someone who has done me so big a favor that I can't even begin to repay them. You see, Jesus died for all my sins. That may not seem big when it's put that way, but if he hadn't done that I would have suffered for my sins for all eternity. By putting my trust in Jesus, I can be sure that I won't have to suffer those consequences. That's a big deal, and I can only do a very little in comparison. How can I show him love though? I can thank him for his wonderful gift, and obey his commandments. I can show gratitude by thanking him and respecting him, and I can share the love with others.

2 comments:

  1. Beautifully written and so very true...one who loves you..
    Nana

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your father in heaven must surely delight in you as much, or more than I, your earthly father. I am proud of the way you express your thoughts, and am exceedingly glad for your sensitivity to the things of God. You are a joy Daught, and daddy loves you!!
    Dad

    ReplyDelete