Wednesday, February 18

I never thought.....

Facebook has really changed my life quite a bit in the past few months. It eats away at spare time and tempts me daily to join in the word games, war games, and other virtual games it has to offer me.

At the same time, it has become a major motivator for getting my school and chores done. It has helped me connect to people that I haven't seen in years (or seen at all). It is also pretty much the most high-tech thing I have.

I never thought that a little web page could change my life, but my facebook has. I now must work every day avoiding things and resisting things that will drag me down. It has brought me into a big persons world, where I must decide what to do with my time.

Thankfully, my parents have put restraints on what I can do with my time. They have welcomed me to the world in a way that has protected me from many things, while at the same time I've been able to see what's out there. Someday I won't have them there to watch over and guide me, and I will have to make these decisions myself. I'm glad that they are working hard to this day to instill good habits in me, and I dearly hope I don't disappoint them.

1 comment:

  1. How nice of you NOT to come out and say, "I don't want to be like my mom." ;-)

    ReplyDelete