Thursday, August 18

I'm back!

The homeschool meeting went very well, and I've just now recovered. That took an awful lot out of me, but it's so satisfying to see how God is using our dedicated group of leaders this year! We have over 40 member families already, which is what we had last year. The planning for the fall semester is coming together nicely, and I'm confident it will be a good year for PACHEK.

Ironically, the first email I received after returning from the meeting was regarding a new homeschool group in Bemidji. An old contact forwarded it to me - they're doing a survey to find out what homeschoolers in the area would like from a support group. I was invited to add my $.02, so I will probably do that this weekend. I'm thrilled that they will have a real homeschool group up there when we arrive!

Jon turned 7 on Saturday. He received lovely gifts and had a delicious chocolate cake, which Toby decorated in bright colors for him. He tried on a new attitude of snotty ingratitude for the occasion... it didn't fit very well, but we're subtly eliminating it. It was interesting, to say the least!

On Monday, we celebrated our 4 year anniversary with an adoption party. Unfortunately, not many people were able to attend. But we were blessed by the presence of the children's caseworker and a couple of dear friends. I have a feeling that Jon wouldn't have done well with other children that day, so it may be just as well that ours were the only children there. We had a great picnic at the park, with a pinata and special cake.

Tuesday was spent recovering from crashing blood sugar. LOL We cleaned the house and did yard work, and on Wednesday, we got back to some school work. It's good to be back.

Over the weekend, I began suffering from a very uncomfortable staph infection. After a few days of complete misery, I finally got to the doctor and am feeling much better with the help of antibiotics and pain relievers.

I got an amazing amount of stuff done today. I even found out how to resolve a credit report issue which has puzzled us and various bank people for 8 years. I think tonight will be the first night in months that I've gone to bed at a reasonable time (before midnight... heck, before 2am!) and slept through the night. In fact, I've done so much today, I think I will even be able to read a magazine before going to sleep. Wow. I hardly know how to handle that. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment