Friday, August 26

August

Okay, so I have promised many posts with heaps of pictures of various projects and gatherings over the past 9 months, but have failed miserably in keeping y'all updated on here. To tell the truth, I'd much rather read about what's going on with others than write what I've been up to. Part of this is because it's less work on my part, and part of it is that I've been ashamed for having posted so little in the past year.

Anyway, today I want to give you guys a good blog post. Pictures. Stories. The whole nine yards. Without further ado, here are the highlights from our month.

The first weekend of the month we spent three days camping with some friends, all of whom are part of our newly formed homeschool group. We had a great time despite a few unforeseen problems, including a huge rainstorm that sent us all running for shelter.

That same weekend was the county fair and I entered six items, five of which placed, and three of which got first place. When Toby and I went to pick up our entries, we also went on a few rides and got root beer floats afterwards. I like having a big brother. :)


Here is a picture of my three clothing items, all of which placed first.


This past Sunday we traveled several hours away to visit with some friends. Their town was having their annual hoedown, so we headed over there and toured the rustic buildings filled with all sorts of cool old tools and everyday items.

There was real, fresh ice cream, so Rae and I just had to have some.

Here is a shot of all the kids together.

From left to right: Jon, Rae, Grace, Noah, Toby, Lynae, and Michael. We all had a great day together and can't wait to get together again.

Other than that, my month has consisted of gardening, math, soapmaking, and lots of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment