Sunday, July 30

Still here, treading water

Well! July has come and nearly gone without so much as a single blog post until today. Ever have one of those seasons so full of drama that you can't even bring yourself to share it? That's where I'm at.

As the home-selling drags on with no start date for hubby's new job, a move up north hardly seems real right now. Are we in God's will and supposed to just patiently trust? I can do that. Did we make things happen in spite of His will and end up on a dead end? I'm willing to turn around. The hardest part is not knowing which it is. And so, I've asked for a sign. It doesn't have to be something huge and amazing, though I'd certainly accept that from God. I just want to hear the creak of a door or the sliding of a window.

In the meantime, I need to find a polite, pat answer for all the people who continually ask if we've had any offers on the house. Obviously, if we've had an acceptable offer, I will be shouting it from the rooftop! But how to say that? Simply saying "no" tends to invite advice or discussion, and I'm not really up to it most of the time. If you have some clever idea, please share!

1 comment:

  1. I've been treading some this summer myself. I think the polite honest answer is ,"No we haven't gotten any offers on the house and I don't want to talk about it."

    I have a friend who just found out she's dealing with breast cancer and she basically sent out an email telling us about it and asking us to pray, but then emailed again and said, "To be honest, I really don't want to talk about it. I don't want this to consume my life. Ask me about anything but this."

    Or you could just blog about it and they might get the hint.... :o)

    ReplyDelete