Friday, March 6

Armor of God

Put on the full armor of God so that you can take your stand against the devil's schemes. Ephesians 6:11

Mom and Dad recently discussed a rather sensitive subject with Toby and I. It was about some things that we need to be aware of as young adults, but don't want to learn about the hard way. It was at that time that I realized how important it is to my parents that we remain pure, and how much they would rather we learn from other peoples mistakes rather than by making our own.

That got me thinking about how very blessed I am to have parents who are willing to spend time teaching me and informing me about the world, so that when I am living without them to guide me, I will be able to live as a godly young woman. That they want so much for me to succeed, that they have worked so hard to be a big part of my life, so that during my trying teen years, we will maintain a healthy relationship, and I won't end up looking for affection elsewhere.

With this in mind, I leave you this evening with this Bible verse.

Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. Ephesians 6:13

No comments:

Post a Comment